If you need gum surgery and want to learn how the procedure works, talk with us about the benefits of laser gum surgery. Traditional gum surgery typically requires cutting away healthy tissue so that we can access the infected areas. Some patients may need a bone graft as part of the procedure, or we may need to use membrane materials to reattach the gum tissue to the root of the tooth. Laser gum surgery can prevent trauma to the tissue and also preserves the gum line. The laser works to remove diseased tissue and leaves healthy tissue intact. This increases patient comfort and speeds up the healing process.
Differences Between Traditional Gum Surgery and LANAP® Laser Treatment
- Discomfort. Traditional gum surgery can be uncomfortable and may require some downtime. Laser gum disease treatments promote a fast recovery.
- Gum recession. Gum surgery with traditional methods may lower the gum line while laser treatment does not contribute to receding gums.
- Healing time. Patients undergoing LANAP® treatment heal fairly quickly since no incisions or sutures are required.
- Long term results. We have found that laser gum disease treatment delivers very predictable and lasting results.
- Bone regeneration. Laser surgery can trigger bone growth which is essential for maintaining your oral health.
If you have been diagnosed with periodontal disease and are looking for alternatives to traditional gum surgery in Arkansas, schedule a consultation with Dr. Osborne, Dr. Curry, or Dr. Shelton today! We can provide more information about laser gum disease treatment and procedures that can restore your oral health. Call now!